EVENT PROGRAM: Here is the official Event Program for the 2023 Great Southern Stage Run. This fully explains the event with confirmed schedule, course details, checkpoint details and much more. This is essential reading for all event attendees before the event. READ IT HERE.
The following categories will be recognised as part of the 2023 Great Southern Stage Run
Relay teams of 3 or 4 runners (running one leg on each day):
Relay teams of 2 runners (running at least one leg on each day):
Individual runners doing the entire 3 day course themselves
- Under 40yrs Male and Female
- 40-49yrs Male and Female
- 50yrs and over Male and Female
Age categories will be determined by your age on the first day of racing.
A daily presentation ceremony will be held following each stage, providing a great way to recount the day’s running and meet up with other runners. Daily presentations include:
- Presentation of the leaders’ yellow number plate sticker to the leading overall team in the General Classification
- Acknowledgement of the top 3 teams in each category each day
- Presentation of the leaders’ yellow number plate sticker to the leading solo male and female in the overall General Classification
- Acknowledgement of the top 3 solos in each category each day
“That was a dream run; the trails out there are just phenomenal and all I could think about was running that course again!” – Flying V’s, winning relay team 2022
A final presentation ceremony (overall awards) will be held at the finish line on Day 3 to recognise the following from the past 3 days:
- Top 3 in each team category in the General Classification
- The overall fastest team get their names engraved on the almighty perpetual trophy
- Top 3 male and female solo runners in the General Classification
- Top 3 male and female solo runners in each age category
- Overall male and female solo winners receive:
- The first place solo GSSR male and female runners receive a free entry to the 2024 Everest 135 race. Details here
- Get their names engraved on the almighty perpetual trophy!
All solo and team finishers will receive a medal and glass.
UTMB Qualifying Race And ITRA Points
Runners who complete the Great Southern Stage Run as a solo competitor receive 4 ITRA points and 2 Mountain Points. Finishers receive a UTMB Performance Index in the category of the race. The Performance Index shows a runner’s experience at different distances and can be used to enter the UTMB World Series Events and combined with Running Stones to enter the UTMB Finals.